Tuesday, April 16, 2013

This is The Week!

It's finally our time to shine.









Since last week, I had to make a lot of little changes. I ended up saving out the character customization screen's assets out in such a way that ended up being a nightmare for Alex. After he was being visibly frustrated, I told him I would just save them out more conveniently. He was super happy about that. It saved him a lot of work and stress. Which makes me super happy too!



Furthermore, there was an ongoing discussion about the new spell GUI (on the bottom right of the player screen). Since we reversed the GUI to put the element on the right side of the screen instead of the left, the primary spells -- which previously matched the Q key to switch and Left Click to cast -- were on the right, creating a disconnect between Q and Left Click. After a lot of conversation between everybody about how much sense that does or doesn't make, I finally jumped in and just said I would just switch it and save out all of the GUI elements again so the GUI and the buttons line up once again.

I know I've said this before, but saving out assets takes a really long time. Especially if there's a lot of them, and a lot of different combinations of them. Saving these out again took about 45 minutes, I think, but it was worth it and had to be done. Now the primary spells are on the bottom (left) and the secondaries are on the top (right).

As for textures: the ice team finally has a rock wall!

The totems are finally done!

And we have a new ice brick wall!

There's a pause screen element, ohmigod.









I also made a desktop icon so we didn't have to see the default Unity icon when we wanted to play Mageball...

It doesn't actually work on the desktop, but whatever. Unity is fickle.

Also, I don't know if I ever even showed this finished screen. The statistics screen will display when the player hits Tab. So they can see their teammates, their team's score, how many goals everyone has scored, and everyone's ball time (amount of time they've had possession).











Now that the final build is done... I can say that we didn't get everything we wanted to in the game. There are still some things that could use polish. There are some things that are just default Unity things because we didn't have time to replace them.

BUT...

We are all super proud of what we've done. We all love Mageball. We didn't only work on this game because we had to, but because we genuinely enjoyed it and really liked working on it. So much love and work went into this game that we can't worry about the little things that didn't get done. In the end, we created something impressive, fun, and pretty.

I am proud to show this game on Friday. Absolutely. Knowing a few little polish features didn't get in will never take that away from me.

... Oh wow we're presenting this on Friday. Commence nervousness. I will be sure to post about it when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment