Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spring "Break"

If there's one thing I've learned in college, it's that breaks are always too short. Even when they're three months long.

Over break, I planned on getting all of our menu assets done so that when I came back, I could fully focus on our texture art. Another thing I've learned about break: there's always a lot of stuff to do that isn't schoolwork. I didn't get ALL of it done, but I was happy with what I did get done.

Start Game Screen
Before, we had little banners that just had the name of the spells and then you would pick your team. It was uuuglyyy. We needed something that was 1.) prettier, and 2.) had more information.

We had to let the players know what the spells' mana costs were. We also thought it would be good if players could see what other players have joined the game, which team they were on, and the spells they have chosen. 

The two spells chosen will have the glow effect pictured here. The team picked will glow (as the fire team is here), and then the "Ready" button will be active so the player can join the game. Not pictured is a little mana pot with the mana cost right next to the spells. 

QA testers apparently enjoyed the new menu art, and were pleasantly surprised when this popped up instead of our old, bad banner buttons.

The other artists were working hard over break trying to get all of the assets for the ice level complete by Sunday so I could get to texturing as soon as I came back from break.

Sibyl's stag statue came out AMAZING!

I hand-painted the stag in 3D Coat.
The stag in-engine with Chris's master shader that allows for translucency.
Looking majestic huh?

Kyle's done a lot of assets, and here's what I've textured so far:

Wall banners to put around the level and show team pride!








Torch for the ice level.
A brazier cleverly themed for the ice mage's stag.







No comments:

Post a Comment